There are various bad experiences regarding groceries. One of them is realizing that you don’t have what you need to prepare your meal when it is too late to grab it.
However, sometimes, one assumes it’s too late to buy groceries. It explains the need to know the right answers to several questions.
For example, how late is the closest grocery store open? When is the best time to do your grocery shopping?
Here’s an article about the answers to these million-dollar questions. Read on as we answer them and learn more about grocery store operating hours.
How Late Do Grocery Stores Close?
Regarding United Arab Emirates (UAE), most grocery stores open at 8 am.
On the other hand, the most common closing time is 10 pm.
Nevertheless, don’t be surprised if you find one that opens earlier or closes later than the average operating hours.
So, the time varies from one grocery to another hence the need to know how late the store closest to you stays open.
Dubai grocery stores often close at midnight. However, others close earlier or mostly later than that.
Abu Dhabi grocery stores mostly close between 10 pm and 12 pm. The closing time of most of their Sharjah counterparts is 10 pm.
Interestingly, Ras Al Khaimah grocery stores have unique opening hours. For instance, some open as late as 6 pm, whereas others close as late as 1 am.
Let’s look at some examples of grocery stores in Dubai and their respective operating hours.
- Asghar & Mahmoud Akbari Store Othman Mosque, near Al Safa School – 12 am to 12 am
- AUD MINI MARKET at American University, Al Sufouh, 2 – 9 am to 12 am
- Broadway Grocery at 84 Sheikh Zayed Rd – 9 am to 1 am
- Carrefour Market at Silverene Towers – 10 AM to 12 AM
- Carthage Grocery at 5CR4+V6J – Al Warqa – 9 am to 12 am
- Easy shop Grocery LLC that’s Behind Day to Day, Karama – 10 am to 2 pm/6 pm to 10 pm
- FRESH BASKET GROCERY at FIRJ – Dubai – 9 am to 1 am
- Fresh Plus Grocery & Cafe Shatha Tower – 9 am to 9 pm
- Grandiose Supermarket at 100 Financial Center Rd, Dubai Mall – 9 am to 10 pm
- Malabar Supermarket at Bur Dubai – 9 AM to 12:30 AM
- New Safest way Supermarket at Sheikh Zayed Rd – 9 am to 12 am
- Pakistan Supermarket at Street 4A, Khalifa Bin Zayed Rd – 9 am to 12 am
- Spinneys at 349R+4HQ – Jumeirah Lakes Towers – 9 am to 11 pm
- Sunrise City Supermarket at 68X4+HCW Al Karama, Hamdan Colony – 9 am to 12 am
- Swiss Mart at Building 49 Dubai Healthcare City – 9 am to 10:45 pm
- Waitrose at LG.144 Financial Center Rd, Dubai Mall operates from 9 am to 11 pm
Which Grocery Stores in UAE Opens 24 Hours
Some people have a tight schedule, whereas others are only available in the wee hours of the night. Fortunately, they don’t have to worry about their availability.
They can shop from stores that are open 24/7 whenever available. The options include the following;
You don’t have to worry about the closing time of these grocery stores in Abu Dhabi because they are open 24 hours.
- Spinneys, World Trade Center Mall, Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street
- Spar Express, Al Zahiyah, Abu Dhabi
- Souq Planet, Al Khalidiyah, Near Mubarak Bin Mohammed Street
- New West Zone Supermarket
- Geant Express, C9HV+XHH, Al Mushrif, Abu Dhabi
- Fresh Way Supermarket
- Earth Supermarket, Zone 3, Abu Dhabi
- City Star Hypermarket, CHF7+HR5, Khalifa City – Sector 32
- Choithrams, Corniche Road, Near Oryx Hotel
- Big Mart Hypermarket, Musaffah Industrial – Abu Dhabi
- Bandah Baqala, 3 Al Ma-louf St – Bani Yas – Al Mafraq
- Al Maya Supermarket, Building #555, As Salam
- Al Madina Hypermarket, 42th St – Mohamed Bin Zayed City – ME-11 – Abu Dhabi
- ADNOC Oasis, Yas Island – Yas West – Abu Dhabi
- Abu Omeir, Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Co-operative Society, Muroor Road Street, Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre
- Abela Supermarket, Ground Floor, Bin Butti Building, Al Khalidiya
- 7-Eleven, F9C2+H4 Abu Dhabi United Square, Ground Floor
- 24 Hours Grocery, Zayed 2nd Street, Zone 1, E10
You don’t have to worry about the closing time of these grocery stores in Dubai because they are open 24 hours.
- Yamama Hypermarket
- West Zone Fresh
- Union Co-operative Society
- New Era Supermarket
- MS FM Supermarket
- Mega Mart
- Kadooli Supermarket
- Faaz Supermarket
- Citi mart
- Blue Mart
- Baqer Mohebi
- Al Maya Supermarket
- 1 to 10
You don’t have to worry about the closing time of these grocery stores in Sharjah because they are open 24 hours.
- Walls Market
- Sharjah Co-operative Society Supermarket
- Shabab Al Madina
- PK Mart
- Nahar Al Madina
- Munawwar Ansari
- Mega Mart
- Bab Al Rayan
- Ansar Al Madeena
- Al Maya Supermarket
- Al Madeena Al Raqia
- Al Bayan
- Al Afnan
- Abraj Al Taawun Hypermarket
- Abraj Al Nahda Center
Ras Al Khaimah
You don’t have to worry about the closing time of these grocery stores in Ras Al Khaimah because they are open 24 hours.
- Waves Mart
- Plus Point
- Mohamediya Store
- Mohamed M Hasel
- Jabel Al Rahma
- Arij Al Madina Fresh Mart
- Al Raqi
- Al Maya
- ADNOC Oasis
Are Grocery Stores Busy in the Evening?
The first stop most people consider upon getting off work is the grocery store or Supermarket. Coincidentally, most people leave their offices or workplaces in the evening.
That’s why it is advisable not to visit a grocery store from 4 pm to 6 pm. This period isn’t ideal for shopping due to the congestion and overcrowding.
Besides evenings, there are also other times unsuitable for grocery shopping. It isn’t wise to go shopping on weekends too.
After all, many people shop for all the groceries they need over the week on weekends. It even gets worse if a major sporting event is around the corner.
However, the weekend isn’t unsuitable for grocery shopping throughout. You will have a great experience if you avoid weekends’ middays.
When is the Best Time to Go Grocery Shopping
If evenings and weekends aren’t great choices, what are your options? There are several choices that you make according to your lifestyle.
So, if you are an early riser, try shopping slightly after the store opens. Alternatively, visit the grocery store when it is close to its closing time.
Equally important, avoid the busy periods mentioned above. It is never much fun shopping in a crowded place.