Over the past decade, coworking spaces have become increasingly popular due to their flexible and collaborative atmospheres that support freelancers, entrepreneurs, and remote workers.
Not only do these workspaces provide a productive area for getting things done, but they also foster communities among members.
In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Abu Dhabi has recently seen a surge in coworking spaces, each of them offering different features and amenities.
These include their location, cost per month/day rate for the use of space, and the size of the associated networked community.
When deciding which one is right for you, there are multiple factors to consider, such as its proximity, accessibility, convenience nearby, restaurants, and cafe transportation.
An array of features like high-speed internet, meeting rooms, printing facilities office equipment.
Cost should be budget-friendly without compromising on quality.
Finally, Community provides a sense of belonging and an opportunity to build relationships with similarly-minded individuals.
Top Coworking Spaces in Abu Dhabi
Are you in search of a workspace in Abu Dhabi? If so, there is an extensive range of coworking spaces.
Each space has its own unique offerings and advantages that will suit different desires.
To make it easier for you to decide which one best fits your needs, we have evaluated the top coworking spaces in Abu Dhabi based on their community vibe, pricing plans, and features.
1. WeWork Abu Dhabi
WeWork, one of the leading players in coworking spaces, launched its operations in Abu Dhabi at Hub71, located at The Galleria Al Khatem Tower on Al Falah Street.
At WeWork, you can find the perfect workspace for your business needs.
With over 1,200 desks and light-filled lounges available, we provide flexible and collaborative spaces that help foster networking opportunities in a booming tech environment.
The amenities offered include high-speed Wi-Fi connection and enhanced cleaning services, such as HVAC standards, for extra safety measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
WeWork regularly organizes professional events and social gatherings and provides additional amenities such as a recreational area, parking space, charging stations for electric vehicles, barista service areas, and phone booths.
Professional staff is present onsite to assist customers regarding their queries or concerns.
2. Regus Abu Dhabi
Regus is an international company offering a variety of coworking spaces in 8 locations, including Al Sila Tower in ADGM Square.
Starting at AED 509 per person monthly, our office spaces come with business-grade technology and Wi-Fi, mail handling services, cleaning utilities & security.
Additionally, we offer shared break-out areas for meetings and collaboration opportunities.
Events are also hosted regularly to encourage networking and personal growth.
3. GlassQube Coworking
GlassQube Coworking is a leading coworking space in Abu Dhabi, offering high-quality services for all needs, from private workstations to meeting rooms and enterprise solutions.
Whether you need an affordable office set-up or just somewhere to get your freelance projects done, GlassQube has the perfect workspace solution.
With three locations across Abu Dhabi at Level 4 Silver Tower Corniche Road, Level 29 Shining Tower Al Khalidiya, and Al Bateen Marina Al Bateen, you’re always close to productivity!
Our locations offer a variety of amenities, including private offices and shared workspaces with screens and projectors.
There are also coffee bar areas for socializing or work breaks and health and wellness facilities accessible 24/7 within secure buildings featuring high-speed Wi-Fi.
There is ample parking available at each site.
Prices start from AED 195 per month (shared workspaces) to AED 2 500/per month (private offices).
Conference/meeting room prices are priced hourly starting at 95 AED per hour.
Opening hours are 24 hrs every day.
With nearby communities such as Al Danah 5 mins away, Al Hisn 5 mins away, and AL Khaldiyah, 9 minutes, it’s easy to access by foot or car.
4. Cloud Spaces
You can also consider the Cloud Spaces an ideal place to study or work. Its services and facilities will increase your productivity.
There are several services, 3 to be exact, depending on what you need or can afford. These services have different access times and varying privacy.
Its location is the Yas Mall, Yas West, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi. Monthly prices range between AED 495 and 1395.
Its services and facilities include the following;
- Cafe area
- Meeting rooms
- Photoshoot studio
- Radio studio
- Smart screens
- Sofas lounge
- Sun deck
It is popular for being a professional coworking space. Its different packages accommodate various working schedules.
Students can also study in this environment excellently. Regardless o your needs and budget, you will get something great.
It is on Level 36, Tower 3, Etihad Towers, Corniche Road, and Level 17, World Trade Center, Khalifa Bin Zayed the, First Street.
Monthly package fees range from 150 AED to 1200 AED. It is also open 24/7.
Its services and facilities include the following;
- Coffee and tea corner
- Fast Wi-Fi
- Highly-equipped offices
- IT support
- Meeting rooms
Other Notable Coworking Spaces in Abu Dhabi
Aside from the leading coworking spaces in Abu Dhabi that we mentioned, there are other noteworthy ones worth considering.
Whether you’re a freelancer, an artist, or an entrepreneur, each one of these coworking venues provides distinct features and advantages to meet your specific needs.
Here we will point out some of these remarkable places in Abu Dhabi and what they can provide for success.
1. TwoFour54’s Community Hub
Yas Creative Hub is the region’s first purpose-built media, entertainment, and gaming development.
It features lounges, a screening room, brainstorming areas, and private meeting rooms to facilitate creative collaboration.
Professionals in start-ups, freelancers, entrepreneurs, and media industries are connected to an innovative ecosystem that helps grow emerging creative sectors.
The Community Hub inside Yas has two distinct settings: Co-Lab and Co-Create.
Co-Lab provides a workspace specifically designed for independent content creators and freelancers, with ten workstations available along with printers & lockers at competitive membership rates.
Meanwhile, those seeking flexible office solutions can use the amenities offered by CoCreate.
Co-Create and Co-Lab at the Yas Creative Hub on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi – where businesses can join a revolutionary workspace with 70 fully connected workstations.
Enjoy access to printers, meeting rooms equipped with the latest tech, brainstorming spaces, lounges, vending machines, and phone booths for private conversations.
Incorporated businesses are eligible for a business license (free of charge for two years).
We are starting at AED 500 per month or a six-month membership with an additional free month for only AED 3000.
Members also have the option to pay an annual fee of AED 20 000.
This includes three hours of complimentary usage of all 24/7 accessible brainstorming and meeting rooms!
2. Zest Café at The Club
If you’re an Abu Dhabi resident, you’ve heard about The Club.
This members-only club has seven restaurants and plenty of sports activities and classes for people of all ages. It also features a beach, swimming pool, regular shows & entertainment.
Plus access to the much sought-after Zest Café inside the fitness complex!
As part of your monthly membership fee here at The Club, you can enjoy indoor or outdoor dining with lush greenery while taking in some ocean breezes.
At Zest Cafe they serve healthy meals throughout the day.
With so much more than just coworking available, it’s no wonder this place won four What’s On Awards in Abu Dhabi for being the “Best Healthy Eating Restaurant”!
Hours: 7 AM to 9 PM.
Location: The Club Sheikh Khalifa Highway (E 12 Road), Al Mina Zayed Port.
Selecting an appropriate coworking space in Abu Dhabi can significantly influence the success of freelancers, entrepreneurs, and remote workers.
When selecting one among many options available here, you should consider factors such as location, offerings & services provided (amenities), cost-effectiveness, and community.
As highlighted in this article, several reliable choices offer diverse amenities while fostering a strong communal spirit.
Thereby making them ideal for anyone who seeks to work from these spaces.
Ultimately it is up to individuals’ needs and preferences will decide upon their choice. Still, these suggestions provide a good starting point when searching for suitable coworking space in Abu Dhabi.
Factors to Consider When Looking for a Coworking Space
The following factors can help you choose an ideal coworking space.
- The number of operating hours, when the space opens, and the flexibility of its schedule
- The working environment since some people like it quiet whereas others appreciate socialization
- What are people saying about the coworking space, and do the reviews and feedback auger well with you?
- Customer support, especially in IT and technical issues during the stay
- Food facility or a café to rejuvenate one’s energy once in a while since working could drain it significantly
- Other people and professionals use the coworking space to determine how well you can coexist with them and their working needs
- The level of noise in the coworking space and its surrounding
- Private sections, including meeting rooms
- If you are working as a team, the space should also accommodate every member
- Its infrastructure and amenities should be ideal for working, including a stable internet connection, printers, meeting rooms, furniture, and other relevant facilities
- Safety, especially lack of it, should be a huge deal breaker
- There should also be room for expansion if a need arises
- Commuting to and from the coworking space should be convenient
- Value for money to avoid spending too much paying for the space
- The rent should be for your budget
- Its location should be ideal for you and your customers
- The payment schedule could be daily, monthly, annually, and so on, depending on how long and often you need the working space
- Playing and relaxing areas such as relaxation room, meditation room, gym, carrom playing area, and table tennis, among other physical activities
- Others, including maintenance employees, kitchen, toilets, gardens, and lounges, not forgetting how important their quality and quantity are
Advantages of Coworking Spaces
Here’s the good side of coworking spaces
- The prices of coworking spaces are way lower than those of leasing an office
- It will also improve your productivity since it is a dedicated work area
- Since you will be sharing this space with other professionals, it allows you to socialize, thus avoiding loneliness
- Gone are the days when the spaces had limited operation hours thanks to the current flexibility of operating 24/7
- Besides, you can also use the coworking space how you deem fit
- These areas also have advanced technology
- Most of these spaces also have additional services, including meeting rooms, ax machines, photocopiers, video conferencing, telephone systems, scanners, and printers
Disadvantages of Coworking Spaces
On the other hand, coworking spaces have their drawbacks. They include the following;
- You may lack any available spots, especially during peak hours
- Some of the people sharing the coworking space may be sources or distractions even unintentionally, thus making it hard to concentrate on your work
- One has to pay an extra cost to enjoy more privacy
- It may be necessary to come a little earlier to get a great working spot
- Secret Abu Dhabi | 10 Best Coworking Space Abu Dhabi – https://secretabudhabi.ae/10-best-coworking-space-abu-dhabi/
- Abu Dhabi SME Hub | Five Coworking spaces in Abu Dhabi – https://www.adsmehub.ae/en/explore/post-details/five-coworking-spaces-in-abu-dhabi-to-take-your-business-to-the-next-level