It is not important to have an account to receive your salary, thanks to Ratibi. It offers employers a platform to pay their employers up to 5000 AED.
Its Ratibi Payroll Prepaid card allows cardholders to withdraw money from any ATM. One can also pay various retailers or shop online using the card.
The bottom line is that it has enhanced the safety, security, and convenience of sending and receiving payments. Both employers and employees benefit from its features in various ways.
However, some of its details remain unclear. For instance, how can you check your ratibi balance online?
You don’t have to worry about how to go about it for another minute. Read on to learn the process and much more about ratibi.
A Detailed Guide on How to Check Your Ratibi Balance Online
Thanks to the online platform provided by the FAB bank, its customers can conveniently check their balances. The online portal is free; hence any cardholder can check the Ratibi balance easily.
The steps are quite simple and include the following
- Visit the FAB bank’s PPC portal via this link
- Before you can even visit the portal, ensure that you have the Ratibi card since you need to key in its last 2 digits
- Besides the two last digits, you will also enter the 13-digit number on your Ratibi card. It is on the lower left side of the prepaid card, and you should input the number in the Card ID field
- Wait for your Ratibi account
Various Balance Checks on the PPC Portal
Interestingly, the portal allows you to check various balances. They include the following;
- NBAD ratibi balance check
- Ratibi card balance inquiry
- Ratibi card salary check
Features of the Ratibi Card
These are the expected features if you are wondering why you should consider a ratibi card.
The card is fully compliant with the UAE government’s WPS guidelines
- You get to set your card’s PIN from any ATM
- It offers 24/7 customer support
- It is compatible with global Visa and Master Card networks
- The card is accepted at online stores, retail outlets, and ATMS
- You are notified free of charge once your employer credits your salary account via an SMS
Other features include the following;
Wages Protection System (WPS)
It is no secret that an employer must process employees’ salaries electronically to adhere to UAE regulations. Upon using the Ratibi Card, you won’t have to worry about this compliance.
After all, FAB bank offers the WPS. It helps you comply without lifting a finger.
This service is fully automated, with a help desk dedicated to assisting customers if an issue arises. It has proven to be safe and simple when making salary payments.
You don’t incur a lot when paying salaries to your employees, especially in local currency. The employer also doesn’t have to deal with the risk associated with handling cash.
Safety and Convenience
These features are crucial when handling money. No wonder one can’t take them for granted, especially if an employer has to pay employees.
Its full automation is one of the reasons why the payment system is easy, safe, and secure. The fact that you won’t be handling cash also enhances security.
As for convenience, employees’ salaries are credited instantly. Equally important, the employee doesn’t need a bank account or any minimal bank balance to receive the salary.
It is applicable when dealing with non-WPS payrolls. If those are the salaries your company processes, a Ratibi card is also applicable.
However, it is only acceptable if the workers are within UAE boundaries. The payroll also processes local currency only under these circumstances.
As a client, you get to send bulk salary files electronically. You can do everything from one debit entry regardless of the number of different accounts.
However, you can only view certain entries. The entries are protected and restricted to the users.
Personal Accident Insurance
If you are a ratibi cardholder, you get personal accident insurance valid for a year. It is important to note that you won’t pay a dime for it.
It comes in handy if you experience an accident that leaves you permanently disabled. Lost lives are also compensated.
Under such circumstances, one is entitled to a maximum compensation of AED 25000. It is often 5 times one’s monthly salary as long as it doesn’t exceed the maximum limit.
If the accident leaves you hospitalized, you are entitled to compensation of up to 1500. That’s usually a daily contribution of AED 50 for up to 30 days.
Lastly, mortal repatriation has a maximum limit of AED 5000.
Ratibi Policy and Procedures
Remember the following important things about Ratibi cards.
- If an ATM confiscates your card, the receiving bank will destroy it
- Consequently, the cardholder must replace the confiscated card
- The responsibility of educating employees about using and handling the card lies on the shoulders of the employers
- There is no direct contact between the bank and the employees
- On the contrary, the employer serves as the point of contact between these two entities
- Despite being an employer, you can’t issue Ratibi cards without a corporate account
How to Apply for a Ratibi Card
As an employer who wants ratibi cards, here’s how to go about it.
- Complete the Ratibi application form
- Enter the details of your employees in an excel sheet, too, before requesting their Ratibi cards
- Fill in the complete iBanking application to gain access to online card management
- Submit your applications to a community banking branch or a bank branch near you
Who Are Eligible for Ratibi Card?
If you meet the following conditions, you are eligible for a ratibi card;
- If you are an employee, you must be a UAE resident
- Your KYC details of the employees must also be updated and complete for that matter
- On the other hand, the employer must be a holder of a corporate account with the FAB bank